At Ariel, your privacy is a primary concern. Any information we collect and use related to customer data is held to a high level of confidentiality and security. When you provide your personal information we will not share your information to any outside party for its use in marketing or solicitation. However, with your approval we may use your information for our own marketing purposes, which may be done through services provided by an outside company. We will maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and it will be used only for the specific purposed it was intended.
This document addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you
- Section 1 – What types of information does Ariel collect from you?
- Section 2 – How does Ariel collect your data?
- Section 3 – How does Ariel use your data?
- Section 4 – How does Ariel protect the information it collects?
- Section 5 – Security
- Section 6 – Does Ariel share the collected information outside our company?
- Section 7 – Do Ariel customers have control over their personal data?
- Section 8 – Our use of Google Analytics
- Section 9 – Necessity to provide us data
- Section 10 – Data from children
- Section 11 – Whom should I contact with privacy questions?
1. What types of information does Ariel collect from you?
We collect customer demographics including individual‘s name, individual’s title, company billing address, company phone and fax numbers, company tax ID, company shipping address (sometimesan individual’s address), cell phone number, and email address.
2. How does Ariel collect your data?
Information is obtained via conversations with the customer, from Purchase Orders, e-mail correspondence, chat messaging, website registration and customer websites. The collection is voluntarily provided by the customer or obtained from publicly available websites (e.g., company website).
3. How does Ariel use your data?
We use your data for contacts needed in normal course of business, broadcast e-mails and information verification. We may use your information to grant you access to order information.
4. How does Ariel protect the information it collects?
We store customer data behind firewalls and our servers are monitored through event logs. The data is accessible by permitted users and company-owned equipment or company-approved devices only.
For payment processing, we do not store customer credit cards. They are processed with our banking institution, which uses a token system to process payments.
We protect your data by implementing technical measures to minimize the risk of misuse, unauthorized access or loss. Some of our safeguards include data encryption, firewalls and data access authorization controls. At Ariel, we take data security very seriously. Therefore, the security mechanisms are monitored, checked, and updated to provide effective protection against abuse.
6. Does Ariel share the collected information outside the company?
Ariel does not share customer information outside of our company unless given explicit approval by the customer. We may, at times, use the data for our own marketing purposes, which may involve third party organization services such broadcast e-mails, surveys, etc.
7. Do Ariel’s customers have control over their personal data?
Customers can update their shipping and billing addresses, as well as contact information through our web-based tools or through direct correspondence with an Ariel representative.
Customers have the choice to allow Ariel to obtain and process their data. The collection process is consensual, and based on the services we provide. Customers can choose to request from us a copy of their information we store and process. A customer can choose to erase their data upon appropriate identification.
8. Use of Google Analytics
9. Necessity to provide us data
Ariel customers are not under any obligation to provide us any personal data. However, please note that without certain data from customers, we may not be able to provide our services.
10. Data from Children
Ariel does not request date of birth information as it is not used by us. Our services are targeted at professionals and businesses within the promotional products industry, and not children under 13 years of age.